Sweet Tech is a sex-tech start-up that combines innovative hardware with customizable digital connectivity to create a complete and fulfilling physical experience. Our flagship product, The Handy, is available worldwide through our online store (www.thehandy.com) and connects out-of-the-box to our digital platform, Handy Feeling (www.handyfeeling.com). Our aim is to be the world-leading provider of tech-enabled personalized pleasure — transforming the sexual experience while normalizing sexual curiosity and driving sex positivity.
We are a young but already profitable company, and we are backed by strong investors. We are growing fast, and we are looking for the right people to join us in our journey.
What you’ll be doing
As our Product Design Engineer , you will be at the forefront of Sweet Tech’s innovation, improving the Handy and creating new products. You will be responsible for the mechanical design, development and quality of our products, delivering innovative, high-quality products to our customers. We will count on you to conduct our research and development, creating new, innovative and functional products.
In this role, you will:
- Design sleeves and other add-ons for our existing products.
- Research and develop new products.
- Research into materials, components and technologies.
- Create prototypes.
- Improve and optimize our existing products.
- Devise cost-saving measures while ensuring quality of the design.
- Apply technical expertise to problem-solving throughout the product life-cycle.
…Smart and ambitious, with a passion for start-ups and technology. You are creative, always willing to break new ground and come up with new and exciting ideas. You are open-minded, kind, and a team player who understands that we are all in this together.
In addition, you must have:
- Fluency in English, our working language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or product design. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of academic qualifications.*
- Live in (or be willing to relocate to) Oslo, Norway.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Experience in prototyping.
- Experience using plastics.
- Experience with 3D design.
* Non-EU/EEA citizens must have completed a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for a work permit in Norway.
Nice to have
- Master’s in mechanical engineering or product design.
- Experience in IoT.
What we offer
- A fearless team ready for new challenges in a company operating in a somewhat unconventional industry
- Flexible working hours with work-from-home days
- Generous vacation policy with extra vacation days
- Interesting work within a dynamic and innovative company
- A central role in a company in high growth, with great opportunities for career and personal development
- Attractive options package
- Subsidized lunch
- A lot of fun in an international and diverse office environment
At Sweet Tech, we embrace diversity as the cornerstone of who we are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic. We choose our candidates based only on qualifications, merit and business need.