Do you want to revolutionize the sexual experience?
Sweet Tech is a sex-tech start-up that combines innovative hardware with customizable digital connectivity to create a complete and fulfilling physical experience. Our flagship product, The Handy, is available worldwide through our online store (www.thehandy.com) and connects out-of-the-box to our digital platform, Handy Feeling (www.handyfeeling.com). Our aim is to be the world-leading provider of tech-enabled personalized pleasure — transforming the sexual experience while normalizing sexual curiosity and driving sex positivity.
We are a young but already profitable company, and we are backed by strong investors. We are growing fast, and we are looking for the right people to join us in our journey.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our Product team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the services needed for us to scale our software operations, so that the Handy and HandyFeeling work seamlessly, ensuring our customers the best possible experience.
In this role, you will:
- Develop innovative solutions for our state-of-the-art IoT product.
- Make an impact in a growing company.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle; design, implementation, testing/debugging and operations.
… Smart and ambitious, with a passion for start-ups and technology. You are creative, always willing to break new ground and come up with new and exciting ideas. You are open-minded, kind, and a team player who understands that we are all in this together.
In addition, you must have:
- Fluency in English, our working language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, engineering or a related field. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of academic qualifications.*
- Live in (or be willing to relocate to) Oslo, Norway.
- 5+ years of experience as a backend or full-stack developer, with experience from dev-ops.
- Knowledge of our current backend technology: Typescript, Node.js
- Strong Kubernetes and Docker skills, and experience with cloud infrastructure in general.
- Experienced with micro-services.
* Non-EU/EEA citizens must have completed a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for a work permit in Norway.
Nice to have
- Master’s in computer engineering or a related field.
- Video encoding experience
- Experience in IoT.
- Experience scaling software from an early stage.
Kubernetes: container-orchestration system
NATS: messaging infrastructure
Engine.io: Handy web-socket handler
Databases: Redis, Postgres
Nginx: load balancer, proxy
Esp32: our microprocessor (MCU)
ESP-IDF: our MCU framework
What we offer
- A fearless team ready for new challenges in a company operating in a somewhat unconventional industry
- Flexible working hours with work-from-home days
- Generous vacation policy with extra vacation days
- Interesting work within a dynamic and innovative company
- A central role in a company in high growth, with great opportunities for career and personal development
- Attractive options package
- A lot of fun in an international and diverse office environment
At Sweet Tech, we embrace diversity as the cornerstone of who we are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic. We choose our candidates based only on qualifications, merit and business need.