Who we are
Sweet Tech is a sex-tech start-up that combines innovative hardware with customizable digital connectivity to bridge the gap between reality and fantasy and bring infinite pleasure for everyone. Our flagship product, The Handy, is available worldwide through our online store and connects out-of-the-box to our digital platform, Handy Feeling. Our aim is to be the world-leading provider of tech-enabled personalized pleasure — transforming the sexual experience while normalizing sexual curiosity and driving sex positivity.
We are a young but already profitable company, and we are backed by strong investors. We are growing fast, and we are looking for the right people to join us in our journey.
Some interesting facts about us
- We have 20 nationalities in our team 🌎
- +50.000 units sold globally 🚀
- 46,4% of our workforce are women 🙎🏽
- 50% of our Leadership are women 💪🏼
- Our first priority is our people. No crazy hours or grinding BS❌.
- You will work on bringing happiness to the world. For real 😉
- Working with us makes you the coolest person in the room 100% of the times 😎
What you’ll be doing
You will take full ownership of our current and future Hardware and Software products, our innovation strategy and the Product team. You will identify new lines of innovation, plan and execute the Product roadmap, and ensure we deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers. As part of the Leadership team, you will participate and work closely together implement and upholding the overall company strategy and culture.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of new hardware products, our software and firmware.
- Work closely with the production facilities to improve current products and ensure rapid scale-up of new products.
- Hire and develop an engineering department, with SW, HW and FW developers, with focus on diversity and excellency.
- Define best-practice technology, methodology, and tools.
- End-to-end ownership of the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Leadership in the overall strategy of Sweet Tech.
- Uphold Sweet Tech’s values and commitments towards fairness and equality.
… Smart and ambitious, with a passion for start-ups and technology. You are creative, always willing to break new ground and come up with new and exciting ideas. You are open-minded, kind, and a team player who understands that we are all in this together.
In addition, we need you to:
- Be fluent in English, our working language.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.*
- Live in (or be willing to relocate to) Oslo, Norway.
- 10+ years of experience from relevant roles in Software development, software operations, research and development or hardware.
- Experience leading international teams with focus on team development.
- Great understanding of frontend and backend development processes.
- Experienced in combining new technology with user experiences.
- Be interested in the interface between software and hardware products
- Care deeply about user privacy and software security
- Thrive in a diverse, international and multi-disciplinary team
* Non-EU/EEA citizens must have completed a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for a work permit in Norway.
Nice to have
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese.
- Experience from IoT
- Bachelor/Masters in Engineering
- Bachelor/Masters in Management
What we offer
- A fearless team ready for new challenges in a company operating in a somewhat unconventional industry
- Flexible working hours with work-from-home days
- Generous vacation policy with extra vacation days
- Interesting work within a dynamic and innovative company
- A central role in a company in high growth, with great opportunities for career and personal development
- Attractive options package
- A lot of fun in an international and diverse office environment
At Sweet Tech, we embrace diversity as the cornerstone of who we are. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic. We choose our candidates based only on qualifications, merit and business need.